Stimulate Collagen Naturally for Total Facial Rejuvenation
What is SkinPen?
SkinPen is the first microneedling device in the world cleared by the FDA, clinically shown to reduce the appearance of acne scars. It is now one of the most popular techniques used for overall facial rejuvenation, especially when combined with PRP (platelet-rich plasma). Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), microneedling produces thousands of tiny needle punctures into the skin, stimulating the body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage resulting in remodeling of scar tissue and production of collagen. Results are similar to that of fractional laser treatments, chemical peels, or laser resurfacing, but without the harsh side effects and down time.
Am I a candidate for microneedling?
Unlike most alternatives, SkinPen has been clinically shown to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from light to very dark. You may be a candidate for SkinPen if you wish to improve:
- Fine lines
- Acne scars, surgical scars
- Stretch marks
- And restore youthful looking skin
The most commonly treated areas include the face, neck, decollete and arms although it is safe to use almost anywhere on the body
What should I expect?
- Most treatments take about 30 minutes
- The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately after the procedure, similar to a sunburn. The redness resolves over the next 4-24 hours
- Many patients return to work the next day
- For best results we recommend at least 3 treatments, although improvements can be seen with each individual treatment
- Treatments are spread out by 4-6 weeks
How is Skin Pen different from a dermal roller?
Skin pen creates controlled micro-injuries at a specific depth designated on the device for each area on the face, whereas a dermal roller is highly user dependent. Microneedling with Skin Pen is able treat small areas around the eyes and nose where a dermal roller is larger and unable to reach these areas. Skin Pen is operated by a medical professional in a medical facility with your safety as first priority. Skin Pen’s single use sterile needle cartridge is medical grade. Skin Pen is also surrounded by a proprietary BioSheath that acts as a barrier to prevent cross contamination between procedures.
- SkinPen® : This is the first FDA-approved microneedling device in the U.S. It is clinically proven to treat a number of aesthetic issues, including facial acne scars.